Principal / Senior GLP Bioanalytical Scientist - Pharmidex
Date Posted: 23/07/18
End date for submission of applications: 31/08/18
- Take a leading role in establishing the regulated bioanalytical laboratory
- Act as PI for client studies carried out internally or externally
- Development, validation and execution of bioanalytical studies in accord with MHRA guidelines and client requirements
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients
- Contribute to supporting research programmes and non-regulated ADMET studies where appropriate.
- You should have as a minimum a first degree in Chemistry, or with Chemistry as a major component
- You will have significant experience of working in a bioanalytical laboratory where you will have been responsible for LC-MS method development and validation.
- Expertise in sample preparation techniques, liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry is essential
- You will have acquired a good knowledge and have practical experience of meeting the requirements of GLP Compliance.
- Ideally you will have experience of acting as Study Director / PI for bioanalytical studies
- You will have developed good skills in communication and teamwork
- You will have gained a good understanding of drug discovery and development and how ADMET studies fit into that process.
iIf you would like to be considered for this role please send your CV to
Senior Technical Specialist/ Technical Specialist - Pharmaron UK
Date Posted: 16/07/18
End date for submission of applications: 13/08/18
Pharmaron is a premier R&D service provider supporting the life science industry. Founded in 2003, Pharmaron has invested in its people and facilities having established diverse drug R&D service capabilities, ranging from synthetic, medicinal and analytical chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology, drug safety assessment, radiochemistry and isotopically labelled metabolism, chemical & pharmaceutical development to clinical development, including applications of 14C microtracer AMS technology. With operations in China, US and UK staffed by over 4,500 employees, Pharmaron has an excellent track record in the delivery of R&D solutions to its partners in North America, Europe, Japan and China.
The Rushden site is the centre of excellence for Radiolabelled Sciences incorporating both Metabolism (which includes Clinical Metabolism, Pre-clinical ADME, In vitro and DDI services, Large Molecule Metabolism, Environmental Fate and Plant Metabolism and Metabolite Identification) and Chemistry (which includes API and IMP manufacture).
Due to recent expansion Pharmaron are currently looking to recruit a Senior Technical Specialist/ Technical Specialist (Mass Spec) at their Rushden facility within Metabolism.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience of large molecule LC‑MS/MS analysis (e.g. peptides/proteins, oligonucleotides and mAB’s). The candidate will also be expected to perform analysis of traditional small molecules following suitable training and mentoring.
Senior Technical Specialist/ Technical Specialist in Metabolite Identification:
- To provide specialist LC-MS/MS support in the conduct of a metabolite identification phase of metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for conducting analytical and metabolite identification work for both regulatory and non regulatory in-vitro, in-vivo, clinical, large molecule (biological) and environmental-fate studies to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan/Analytical Work Plan, under direction of the Study Director or Analytical Project Manager
- Interpret the relevant data and prepare accurate scientific study updates/technical documents and contribute to report generation.
- Planning, supervising and conducting of experiments (including protein characterisation) in support of metabolism biologicals group.
- Responsible for the development of LC MS/MS chromatographic methods within the group and to act as an expert consultant on the development of chromatographic methods within the wider Metabolism Department.
- To act as a supervisor/instructor in areas of expertise; provide troubleshooting assistance and technical training (including writing and review of training materials) for less experienced members of staff in mass spectrometry, method development and HPLC instrument set-up.
- To take an active role in improvement/new service development projects in metabolite analysis and to carry out internal R&D projects to support the development of new techniques.
- Work with Study Director/Analytical Project Manager on client communication, contributing scientifically to client discussions, as appropriate.
- To take an active role in the implementation of new service level procedures as required, enhancing the service offerings of the analytical group.
- To keep up to date with technical developments in specialist area, recommending new techniques and working with management to compile justification for Capex projects.
- Present, as required at relevant conferences to raise the profile and reputation of the company.
- Address findings appropriate to area arising from QA audits and process inspections.
- Attend relevant internal and external training courses.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of internal training programs.
- Maintain and write SOPs, as required
- A minimum of a BSc in a relevant degree.
- Preferably 2-3 years of LC-MS/MS experience ideally with accurate mass
- Experience of chromatographic method development
- LC-MS/MS expertise for large molecule biological samples (e.g. peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides and mAb’s) including top down and bottom-up methodologies for protein analysis
- LC-MS/MS data interpretation skills (especially large molecules)
- Sample preparation skills for preparation of large molecule samples for LC-MS analysis (e.g. digestion)
- Knowledge of protein chemistry and large molecule catabolism
- Preferably have experience of working in a regulatory environment (GLP/GCP)
- Some knowledge of metabolism/metabolic reactions is considered essential
- Good analytical chemistry skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Well organized/ability to effectively prioritise work
- Enthusiastic self-motivated person
- Team player
- Attention to detail
The position is full time and permanent. Hours of work are 37.5 per week Monday – Friday. Annual holiday entitlement is 23 days a year plus Bank Holidays. The company operates a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and a flexible benefits package.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter to:
Technical Specialist – Mass Spec