Researcher, Mass Spectrometry - LGC, Teddington
Date Posted: 10/01/17
End date for submission of applications: 31/01/17
The Organic Analysis Team delivers research and development projects and provides high accuracy measurement services as part of LGC’s role as the UK’s designated National Measurement Institute for chemical and bioanalytical measurements. The main function of the role will be to develop mass spectrometry based methods for the quantification and characterisation of (bio)organic molecules.
The Organic Analysis Team has a broad range of separation science and mass spectrometry platforms including a number of QQQ, QToF, MALDI-ToF, IMS and IMS-MS, nano-LC, UHPLC, GC and CE. The job holder will be required to operate and maintain the platforms involved in the delivery of the projects allocated to them.
- Development and validation of GC-MS, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS methodology for the identification and quantification of (bio)organic species in a diverse range of application areas (including environmental, clinical, pharmaceutical and security).
- Evaluation & optimisation of operating parameters of a range of mass spectrometry platforms in order to improve instrument performance.
- Provide support across the team for instrumental trouble-shooting, maintenance and optimisation.
- Dissemination of results to originators and users of the techniques.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a PhD and post doc experience in the field of mass spectrometry or equivalent industrial experience.
The following skills are essential:
- Enthusiastic and innovative scientist with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of organic mass spectrometry.
- Experience in operation and maintenance of a range of analytical instrumentation.
- Ability to contribute to the execution and delivery of research projects to timescale & budget.
- Knowledge of the theory and application of Metrology.
- Good presentational skills, both oral and written.
- Good inter personal skills.
This is an excellent development opportunity for a candidate looking to build their career in analytical science, working with recognised experts. The role requires an able scientist who will contribute to the successful delivery of analytical R&D projects. You will be expected to promote your achievements with appropriate scientific publications, reports and presentations.
Further information is available here.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote REF: LGCINT16-492
Mass Spectrometry Operator - Covance
Date Posted: 24/11/16
End date for submission of applications: 24/02/17
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries
The Biopharmaceutical CMC Solutions Division of Covance, situated in Harrogate, North Yorkshire was established over 25 years ago and is a fully GMP/GLP/GCP compliant facility. The team is focused on providing analytical support in the drug development pathway for the characterisation and stability assessment of large protein molecules, including: vaccines, antibodies, cytokines and growth factors. The accurate characterisation of a drug is necessary to release manufactured batches of the drug, assess stability (shelf life) and evaluate the impact of changes in manufacturing process or in formulation. This is achieved using a variety of analytical techniques.
Recent major investments have been made in facilities in Yorkshire and successful candidates will be part of our exciting and expanding future, working with progressive management, inventive technologies and alongside other talented scientists.
Our protein mass spectrometry service offering focuses primarily on intact mass analysis, peptide mapping, characterisation of post-translational (or other) modifications (e.g deamidation, oxidation, di-sulphide bridging), analysis of glycosylation profiles and quantification. We are currently planning to expand our capabilities in these areas and therefore to recruit a scientist with expertise in mass spectrometry and analysis of biopharmaceuticals.
For our growing BioCMC team we are currently recruiting a Mass Spectrometry Operator who would like to join us in our facilities in Harrogate.
About the role:
Working within the dedicated Protein Chemistry team the successful candidate will be involved in the development of protein mass spectrometry workflows and will be responsible for running analysis for method establishment, validation and application to characterisation studies in a GMP environment.
The MSO will liaise closely with the QC Scientists who have overall responsibility for the scientific, technical and regulatory conduct of these studies and will facilitate data interpretation, documentation and reporting of results.
The role will primarily be lab based and responsibilities include:
- Run analysis for the development, establishment and validation of analytical methods
- Give technical advice to internal/ external clients
- Ensure that methods are developed and studies are documented to the required scientific and regulatory standards, in accordance with study protocol and Covance standard operating procedure
- Work across departments to meet the demands of various client programs.
Required skills, Experience and education:
- The successful candidate is expected to have a degree in a relevant scientific subject
- The candidate will have experience working with UHPLC and mass spectrometry instrumentation, ideally in a CRO environment with knowledge of UK/ OECD GXP regulations.
How to apply:
If you are interested in a Covance opportunity and would like to apply, please visit our website at covancecareers.com and look for the reference 63953BR.
You can also use the direct link here.
Application Scientist (Mass Spectrometry, NMR, Software, Europe)
Date Posted: 22/10/16
End date for submission of applications: 27/01/17
Application Scientist (Mass Spectrometry, NMR, Software, Europe)
London/ Southern UK
Our client, based in North America, is a market leader in innovative software packages that aid chemical research scientists with spectroscopic validation of structures, elucidation of unknown substances, chromatographic separation, medicinal chemistry, preformulation of novel drug agents, systematic nomenclature generation, and chemical patenting and publication. This search is for a permanent full-time role to be employed directly by our client.
As a key member of the International Application Scientist Team and business team in Europe, you will provide support to the company’s team members and customers in the European Region including major markets like UK, Scandinavia, Germany, etc., onsite & offsite; by creating and demonstrating software solutions utilizing the available company tools and extensible capabilities to address specific critical business issues within the company’s clients’ scientific workflows. You will be engaged in the installation of software deployments during presales, evaluations and post sales rollout as well as follow-up technical support.
Duties will include diagnosing technical problems, providing concise explanations in a clear professional language, and providing solutions in a timely manner. Participation in marketing activities such as trade shows, conferences, as well as internal and external training involving national and, where appropriate, international travel is required.
- minimum of a Master’s degree in Chemistry; PhD preferred
- proficiency in the acquisition and interpretation of data acquired from modern analytical instrumentation, such as Mass Spectrometry, NMR, UV/IR, HPLC, LC and GC, with specific strength in Mass Spectrometry
- familiarity with one or more other operating systems including Windows®, Linux and SUN Solaris are an asset
- familiarity with Java scripting, Oracle, Visual Basic/ Pascal programming and software installation are an asset
- strong written and verbal English communication skills; bilingual in German preferred
- 30-50% local and international travel
- depending on qualifications
Depending on qualifications.