The BMSS Research Support Grant scheme was initiated in April 2012 with a 3 year mission to support small research endeavours including, but not exclusively::
- Generating pump priming data for grant applications or research areas
- Incoming or outgoing visits to initiate new MS-relevant collaborations/training (standard class travel, budget accommodation)
- MS taster visits for new MS users (who must join the society)
- Instrumentation (updates, repairs, add-ons, new developments of existing kit, etc)
- Promotion of industry-academic collaborations
This successful scheme attracted 12 applications and funded 7 projects to an overall sum of £13.5k with money ring-fenced for Education. As the Education Fund follows the expected draw down rate, the RSG funding scheme, reviewed by the BMSS committee in 2015, was drawn to a close.